This name was chosen to avoid possible Brexit type of issues in the future. The word STICHTING means Foundation.
The name Vasculitis Europe and the website vasculitis.eu will still be used, representing the major activity of Vasculitis International.
The Stichting (Dutch for foundation) Vasculitis International (SVI) was incorporated in November 2019 under Dutch law by three members of the Vasculitis Stichting (VAS), the Dutch organisation for patients with a primary vasculitis. The initiative came from the chairman of VAS Peter Verhoeven and John Mills COO and former chairman of Vasculitis UK. VAS provided the initial funding.
Create the strongest possible voice for the vasculitis patient community by encouraging and supporting Vasculitis Patient Advocacy Groups (VPAG’s) to combine forces and to jointly develop relevant projects and activities.
VPAGs from France, Greece, Italy, Ireland, The United Kingdom, and The Netherlands already joined SVI als early adopters.
Our Ultimate Goals
- Decreased disease burden for vasculitis patients and their carers
- Improved quality of care for vasculitis patients
- Increased vasculitis awareness
- Increased awareness about the psychological and social impact of vasculitis.
- Increased patient influence on vasculitis related research
Our Objectives to achieve these goals
- Build and grow a network of VPAGs
- Present the network to the vasculitis community and make it a well-respected player
- Engage and build a relationship with the vasculitis research community
- Engage and build a relationship with the vasculitis clinical community
- Engage and build a relationship with the pharmaceutical industry
- Engage and build a relationship with other relevant international organisations
- Build a library of commonly shared vasculitis publications, video’s and other information sources